Chapter 21. Installing and running the IdM Healthcheck tool
This chapter describes the IdM Healthcheck tool and how to install and run it.
- The Healthcheck tool is only available on RHEL 8.1 or later.
21.1. Healthcheck in IdM
The Healthcheck tool in Identity Management (IdM) helps find issues that may impact the health of your IdM environment.
The Healthcheck tool is a command line tool that can be used without Kerberos authentication.
21.1.1. Modules are Independent
Healthcheck consists of independent modules which test for:
- Replication issues
- Certificate validity
- Certificate Authority infrastructure issues
- IdM and Active Directory trust issues
- Correct file permissions and ownership settings
21.1.2. Two output formats
Healthcheck generates the following outputs, which you can set using the
json: Machine-readable output in JSON format (default)
human: Human-readable output
You can specify a different file destination with the
Each Healthcheck module returns one of the following results:
- configured as expected
- not an error, but worth keeping an eye on or evaluating
- not configured as expected
- not configured as expected, with a high possibility for impact
21.2. Installing IdM Healthcheck
This section describes how to install the IdM Healthcheck tool.
[root@server ~]# dnf install ipa-healthcheckNote
On RHEL 8.1 and 8.2 systems, use the dnf install /usr/bin/ipa-healthcheck command instead.
--failures-onlyoption to have
ipa-healthcheckonly report errors. A fully-functioning IdM installation returns an empty result of
[root@server ~]# ipa-healthcheck --failures-only 
ipa-healthcheck --helpto see all supported arguments.
21.3. Running IdM Healthcheck
Healthcheck can be run manually or automatically using log rotation.
- The Healthcheck tool must be installed. See Installing IdM Healthcheck.
To run healthcheck manually, enter the
[root@server ~]# ipa-healthcheck
For all options, see the man page:
21.4. Additional resources
See the following sections of Configuring and managing Identity Management for examples of using IdM Healthcheck.