Chapter 6. Getting started with configuring networking using the GNOME GUI
You can manage and configure network connections using the following ways on GNOME:
- the GNOME Shell network connection icon on the top right of the desktop
- the GNOME control-center application
- the GNOME nm-connection-editor application
6.1. Connecting to a network using the GNOME Shell network connection icon
If you use the GNOME GUI, you can use the GNOME Shell network connection icon to connect to a network.
GNOMEpackage group is installed.
- You are logged in to GNOME.
- If the network requires a specific configuration, such as a static IP address or an 802.1x configuration, a connection profile has already been created.
Click the network connection icon in the top right corner of your desktop.
Depending on the connection type, select the
For a wired connection, select
Connectto connect to the network.
For a Wi-Fi connection, click
Select network, select the network to which you want to connect, and enter the password.
- For a wired connection, select