Chapter 21. Guest Virtual Machine Disk Access with Offline Tools
libguestfsutilities that enable accessing, editing, and creating guest virtual machine disks or other disk images. There are multiple uses for these tools, including:
- Viewing or downloading files located on a guest virtual machine disk.
- Editing or uploading files on a guest virtual machine disk.
- Reading or writing guest virtual machine configuration.
- Preparing new disk images containing files, directories, file systems, partitions, logical volumes and other options.
- Rescuing and repairing guest virtual machines that fail to boot or those that need boot configuration changes.
- Monitoring disk usage of guest virtual machines.
- Auditing compliance of guest virtual machines, for example to organizational security standards.
- Deploying guest virtual machines by cloning and modifying templates.
- Reading CD and DVD ISO images and floppy disk images.
--rooption), which does not save the changes.
21.1.1. Caution about Using Remote Connections
qemu-nbdcommand, and access it using a
nbd://URL. You may need to open a port on your firewall (port 10809) as shown here:
qemu-nbd -t disk.img
virt-df -a nbd://remote