15.7. Additional Resources
15.7.1. Installed Documentation
- Information on configuring Sendmail is included with the sendmail and sendmail-cf packages.
In addition, the
/usr/share/sendmail-cf/README— Contains information on the
m4macro processor, file locations for Sendmail, supported mailers, how to access enhanced features, and more.
aliasesman pages contain helpful information covering various Sendmail options and the proper configuration of the Sendmail
/usr/share/doc/postfix-version-number/— Contains a large amount of information on how to configure Postfix. Replace version-number with the version number of Postfix.
/usr/share/doc/fetchmail-version-number/— Contains a full list of Fetchmail features in the
FEATURESfile and an introductory
FAQdocument. Replace version-number with the version number of Fetchmail.
/usr/share/doc/procmail-version-number/— Contains a
READMEfile that provides an overview of Procmail, a
FEATURESfile that explores every program feature, and an
FAQfile with answers to many common configuration questions. Replace version-number with the version number of Procmail.When learning how Procmail works and creating new recipes, the following Procmail man pages are invaluable:
procmail— Provides an overview of how Procmail works and the steps involved with filtering email.
procmailrc— Explains the
rcfile format used to construct recipes.
procmailex— Gives a number of useful, real-world examples of Procmail recipes.
procmailsc— Explains the weighted scoring technique used by Procmail to match a particular recipe to a message.
/usr/share/doc/spamassassin-version-number/— Contains a large amount of information pertaining to SpamAssassin. Replace version-number with the version number of the spamassassin package.
15.7.2. Online Documentation
- How to configure postfix with TLS? — A Red Hat Knowledgebase article that describes configuring postfix to use TLS.
- How to configure a Sendmail Smart Host — A Red Hat Knowledgebase solution that describes configuring a sendmail Smart Host.
- http://www.sendmail.org/ — Offers a thorough technical breakdown of Sendmail features, documentation and configuration examples.
- http://www.sendmail.com/ — Contains news, interviews and articles concerning Sendmail, including an expanded view of the many options available.
- http://www.postfix.org/ — The Postfix project home page contains a wealth of information about Postfix. The mailing list is a particularly good place to look for information.
- http://www.fetchmail.info/fetchmail-FAQ.html — A thorough FAQ about Fetchmail.
- http://www.procmail.org/ — The home page for Procmail with links to assorted mailing lists dedicated to Procmail as well as various FAQ documents.
- http://www.spamassassin.org/ — The official site of the SpamAssassin project.