- Displays active and inactive memory.
- Displays the number of forks since boot. This includes the
clonesystem calls, and is equivalent to the total number of tasks created. Each process is represented by one or more tasks, depending on thread usage. This display does not repeat.
- Displays slab information.
- Specifies that the header will appear once, not periodically.
- Displays a table of various event counters and memory statistics. This display does not repeat.
- The delay between reports in seconds. If no delay is specified, only one report is printed, with the average values since the machine was last booted.
- The number of times to report on the system. If no count is specified and delay is defined, vmstat reports indefinitely.
- Displays disk statistics.
- Takes a partition name as a value, and reports detailed statistics for that partition.
- Defines the units output by the report. Valid values are
m(1,000,000 bytes), or
- Report summary statistics about disk activity.
$ man vmstat