Red Hat Training
A Red Hat training course is available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
B.2. The lvmconfig Command
You can display the current LVM configuration, or save the configuration to a file, with the
lvmconfigcommand. There are a variety of features that the
lvmconfigcommand provides, including the following;
- You can dump the current lvm configuration merged with any tag configuration files.
- You can dump all current configuration settings for which the values differ from the defaults.
- You can dump all new configuration settings introduced in the current LVM version, in a specific LVM version.
- You can dump all configuration settings that can be customized in a profile, either in their entirety or separately for command and metadata profiles. For information on LVM profiles see Section B.3, “LVM Profiles”.
- You can dump only the configuration settings for a specific version of LVM.
- You can validate the current configuration.
For a full list of supported features and information on specifying the
lvmconfigoptions, see the