10.3. IBM Installation Tools
- Install and configure Linux on a non-virtualized IBM Power Systems server.
- Install and configure Linux on servers with previously-configured logical partitions (LPARs, also known as virtualized servers).
- Install IBM service and productivity tools on a new or previously installed Linux system. The IBM service and productivity tools include dynamic logical partition (DLPAR) utilities.
- Upgrade system firmware level on IBM Power Systems servers.
- Perform diagnostics or maintenance operations on previously installed systems.
- Migrate a LAMP server (software stack) and application data from a System x to a System p system. A LAMP server is a bundle of open source software. LAMP is an acronym for Linux, Apache HTTP Server, MySQL relational database, and the PHP (or sometimes Perl, or Python) language.