4.3. Editing an Image Builder blueprint in the web console interface
- You have opened the Image Builder interface of the RHEL 7 web console in a browser.
- A blueprint exists.
Removein the menu.
- i. On the Blueprint Components search field, enter component name or a part of it into the field under the heading
Blueprint Componentsand press .The search is added to the list of filters under the text entry field, and the list of components below is reduced to these that match the search.If the list of components is too long, add further search terms in the same way.
- ii. Click thebutton at the far right of the component entry, and select
Viewin the menu.A component details screen opens in the right pane.
- iii. Select the desired version in the
Version Releasedrop-down menu and click in top right.The change is saved and the right pane returns to listing the blueprint components.
- i. On the left, enter component name or a part of it into the field under the heading Available Components and press Enter.The search is added to the list of filters under the text entry field, and the list of components below is reduced to these that match the search.If the list of components is too long, add further search terms in the same way.
- ii. The list of components is paged. To move to other result pages, use the arrows and entry field above the component list.
- iii. Click on the name of the component you intend to use to display its details. The right pane fills with details of the components, such as its version and dependencies.
- iv. Select the version you want to use in the
Component Optionsbox, with the
Version Releasedrop-down menu.
- v. Clickin the top right.
- vi. If you added a component by mistake, remove it by clicking thebutton at the far right of its entry in the right pane, and select
Removein the menu.
- i. Click the Commit button in top right.A pop-up window with a summary of your changes appears.
- ii. Review your changes and confirm them by clicking Commit.A small pop-up on the right informs you of the saving progress and then result. A new version of the blueprint is created.
- iii. In the top left, click
Back to Blueprintsto exit the editing screen.The Image Builder view opens, listing existing blueprints.