Chapter 3. Creating system images with Image Builder command-line interface
Image Builder is a tool for creating custom system images. To control Image Builder and create your custom system images, use the command-line interface which is currently the preferred method to use Image Builder.
3.1. Image Builder command-line interface
Image Builder command-line interface is currently the preferred method to use Image Builder. It offers more functionality than the Chapter 4, Creating system images with Image Builder web console interface . To use this interface, run the
composer-clitool with suitable options and sub-commands.
The workflow for the command-line interface can be summarized as follows:
1. Export (save) the blueprint definition to a plain text file
2. Edit this file in a text editor
3. Import (push) the blueprint text file back into Image Builder
4. Run a compose to build an image from the blueprint
5. Export the image file to download it
Apart from the basic sub-commands to achieve this procedure, the
composer-clitool offers many sub-commands to examine the state of configured blueprints and composes.
To run the
composer-clicommand as a non-root, the user must be in the