Chapter 4. The DM Multipath Configuration File
multipathd show config#
/etc/multipath.confconfiguration file. If necessary, you can also add a storage array that is not supported by default to the configuration file.
initramfsfile system. If you run multipath from the
initramfsfile system and you make any changes to the multipath configuration files, you must rebuild the
initramfsfile system for the changes to take effect. For information on rebuilding the
initramfsfile system with multipath, see Section 3.4, “Setting Up Multipathing in the initramfs File System”.
multipath.conffile. It contains sections on the following topics:
- Configuration file overview
- Configuration file blacklist
- Configuration file defaults
- Configuration file multipaths
- Configuration file devices
multipath.conf(5) man page.
4.1. Configuration File Overview
- Listing of specific devices that will not be considered for multipath.
- Listing of multipath candidates that would otherwise be blacklisted according to the parameters of the blacklist section.
- General default settings for DM Multipath.
- Settings for the characteristics of individual multipath devices. These values overwrite what is specified in the
devicessections of the configuration file.
- Settings for the individual storage controllers. These values overwrite what is specified in the
defaultssection of the configuration file. If you are using a storage array that is not supported by default, you may need to create a
devicessubsection for your array.