Chapter 9. Setting up to Develop Containerized Applications
Red Hat supports development of containerized applications based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat OpenShift and a number of other Red Hat products.
- Install Red Hat Container Development Kit (CDK). CDK provides a Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machine single-node Red Hat OpenShift cluster. Follow the instructions in the Red Hat Container Development Kit Getting Started Guide, section Installing CDK.
- Additionally, Red Hat Development Suite is a good choice for development of containerized applications in Java, C, and C++. It consists of Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio, OpenJDK, Red Hat Container Development Kit, and other minor components. To install DevSuite, follow the instructions in Red Hat Development Suite Installation Guide.
- Red Hat CodeReady Studio — Getting Started with Container and Cloud-based Development
- Product Documentation for Red Hat Container Development Kit
- Product Documentation for OpenShift Container Platform
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host — Overview of Containers in Red Hat Systems