15.3. Mounting, Unmounting and Ejecting
Procedure 15.1. Manual Mounting
- Open a file in Nautilus (that is, the Files application).
- In the location bar at the top of your screen, enter a well-formed URI string. If the location bar does not display, press Ctrl+L.Alternatively, Nautilus provides dialog, which you find by going into → .
- When asked for login credentials, type your name and password into the relevant entry boxes.
- Once the mounting process is finished, your are allowed to work with files.
Procedure 15.2. Unmounting
- Click the eject icon on the chosen mount.
- Wait until the mount disappears or notification about safe removal is displayed.
GVFSmounts, (and physical volumes as well, are restricted to their owner only, no other user is permitted to exploit your privacy.