Language and Page Formatting Options
Chapter 8. Desktop
GNOME rebased to version 3.22.3
The GNOME Desktop has been updated to upstream version 3.22.3, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version. Notable changes include:
- Overhauled desktop notifications
- Built-in integration with world clocks and media players
- Automatically adjusting screen brightness (for systems with an integrated light sensor)
- In many applications, support for a standard dialog to document keyboard shortcuts
- Improvements to several setting panels (printer, mouse, touchpad, keyboard shortcuts)
- Option to rename multiple files at once
- Built-in support for compressed files and for Google Drive
- Undo support for trash (BZ#1383353)
xorg-x11-drv-libinput driver has been added to the X.Org input drivers
xorg-x11-drv-libinputX.Org driver is a wrapper driver for the low-level
libinputlibrary. This update adds the driver to the X.Org input drivers. After you install
xorg-x11-drv-libinput, it is possible to remove the
xorg-x11-drv-synapticsdriver and get access to some of the improved input device handling offered by
Change of default driver for some Intel and nVidia Hardware
This change affects:
- 4th Generation Intel Core Processors and later
- nVidia GeForce 8 hardware and later
The default DDX driver has changed to be
Previously the defaults were
xf86-video-intelfor nVidia and Intel hardware respectively. (BZ#1404868)
dconf-editor is now provided by a separate package
dconfteam have split the
dconf-editorinto its own package. This release reflects that change.
In addition, the user interface has been redesigned in version 3.22.
- The tree view on the left side has been removed.
- Keys and directories are now shown in the same window.
- The ability to go back in the hierarchy has moved to the path shown in the header-bar. (BZ#1388931)