12.2. Container Orchestration
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host 7.1.5 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 include the following updates:
- The new kubernetes-client subpackage which provides the
kubectlcommand has been added to the kubernetes component.
- etcd now provides improved performance when using the peer TLS protocol.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host 7.1.4 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 include the following updates:
- You can now set up a Kubernetes cluster using the Ansible automation platform.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host 7.1.3 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 include the following updates:
- kubernetes nodes no longer need to be explicitly created in the API server, they will automatically join and register themselves.
- NFS, GlusterFS and Ceph block plugins have been added to Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and NFS support has been added to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host.
- Fixed bugs with adding or removing cluster members, performance and resource usage improvements.
GOMAXPROCSenvironment variable has been set to use the maximum number of available processors on a system, now etcd will use all processors concurrently.
- The configuration file must be updated to include the
-advertise-client-urlsflag when setting the
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host 7.1.2 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 include the following updates:
- Enabled the v1beta3 API and sets it as the default API version.
- Added multi-services.
- The Kubelet now listens on a secure HTTPS port.
- The API server now supports client certificate authentication.
- Enabled log collection from the master pod.
- New volume support: iSCSI volume plug-in, GlusterFS volume plug-in, Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS) volume support.
- Fixed the NFS volume plug-in * configure scheduler using JSON.
- Improved messages on scheduler failure.
- Improved messages on port conflicts.
- Improved responsiveness of the master when creating new pods.
- Added support for inter-process communication (IPC) namespaces.
--etcd_serversoptions have been removed from the kube-proxy utility; use the
- The configuration file format has changed significantly; using old configuration files will cause upgrades of etcd to fail.
etcdctlcommand now supports importing hidden keys from the given snapshot.
- Added support for IPv6.
- The etcd proxy no longer fails to restart after initial configuration.
-initial-clusterflag is no longer required when bootstrapping a single member cluster with the
- etcd 2 now uses its own implementation of the Raft distributed consensus protocol; previous versions of etcd used the goraft implementation.
- Added the
etcdctlimport command to import the migration snap generated in etcd 0.4.8 to the etcd cluster version 2.0.
etcdctlutility now takes port 2379 as its default port.
- The cadvisor package has been obsoleted by the kubernetes package. The functionality of cadvisor is now part of the kubelet sub-package.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host 7.1.1 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 include the following updates:
- etcd 0.4.6-0.13.el7 - a new command,
etcdctlwas added to make browsing and editing etcd easier for a system administrator.
- flannel 0.2.0-7.el7 - a bug fix to support delaying startup until after network interfaces are up.