1.3. Performance Features and Improvements
- NUMA - Non-Uniform Memory Access. See Chapter 9, NUMA for details on NUMA.
- CFS - Completely Fair Scheduler. A modern class-focused scheduler.
- RCU - Read Copy Update. Better handling of shared thread data.
- Up to 160 virtual CPUs (vCPUs).
- Huge Pages and other optimizations for memory-intensive environments. See Chapter 8, Memory for details.
- vhost-net - a fast, kernel-based VirtIO solution.
- SR-IOV - for near-native networking performance levels.
- Block I/O
- AIO - Support for a thread to overlap other I/O operations.
- MSI - PCI bus device interrupt generation.
- Scatter Gather - An improved I/O mode for data buffer handling.