B.17.2.3. Opening and ending tag mismatch
- The following error occurs:
error: (name_of_guest.xml):61: Opening and ending tag mismatch: clock line 16 and domain </domain> ---------^
- The error message above contains three clues to identify the offending tag:The message following the last colon,
clock line 16 and domain, reveals that
<clock>contains a mismatched tag on line 16 of the document. The last hint is the pointer in the context part of the message, which identifies the second offending tag.Unpaired tags must be closed with
/>. The following snippet does not follow this rule and has produced the error message shown above:
<domain type='kvm'> ... <clock offset='utc'>This error is caused by mismatched XML tags in the file. Every XML tag must have a matching start and end tag.
- Other examples of mismatched XML tags
- The following examples produce similar error messages and show variations of mismatched XML tags.This snippet contains an unended pair tag for
<domain type='kvm'> ... <features> <acpi/> <pae/> ... </domain>This snippet contains an end tag (
</name>) without a corresponding start tag:
<domain type='kvm'> </name> ... </domain>
- Ensure all XML tags start and end correctly.