4.3. Creating a Virtual Machine with Virtual Machine Manager
4.3.1. Introduction to Virtual Machine Manager
Figure 4.1. The Virtual Machine Manager interface
- Create new virtual machine: Click here to create a new virtual machine.
- Virtual machines: A list of configured connections and all guest virtual machines associated with them. When a virtual machine is created, it will be listed here. When a guest is running, an animated graph shows the guest's CPU usage in the CPU usage column.After selecting a virtual machine from this list, use the following buttons to control the selected virtual machine's state:
- Open: Opens the guest virtual machine console and details in a new window.
- Run: Turns on the virtual machine.
- Pause: Pauses the virtual machine.
- Shut down: Shuts down the virtual machine. Clicking on the arrow displays a drop-down menu with several options for turning off the virtual machine, including Reboot, Shut Down, Force Reset, Force Off, and Save.
- Clone: Clones the virtual machine.
- Migrate: Migrates the virtual machine to another host.
- Delete: Deletes the virtual machine.