8.10.5. Examples Using Clock Synchronization
Example 8.5. Clock synchronizing to local time with RTC and PIT timers
<clock offset="localtime"> <timer name="rtc" tickpolicy="catchup" track="guest virtual machine" /> <timer name="pit" tickpolicy="delay" /> </clock>
- Guest virtual machine may have only one CPU
- APIC timer must be disabled (use the "noapictimer" command line option)
- NoHZ mode must be disabled in the guest (use the "nohz=off" command line option)
- High resolution timer mode must be disabled in the guest (use the "highres=off" command line option)
- The PIT clocksource is not compatible with either high resolution timer mode, or NoHz mode.