19.3. Disk Options
This section provides information about disk options.
Supported with the following options:
- id=<id>Id of the drive has the following limitation for if=none:
- IDE disk has to have <id> in following format: drive-ide0-<BUS>-<UNIT>Example of correct format:-drive if=none,id=drive-ide0-<BUS>-<UNIT>,... -device ide-drive,drive=drive-ide0-<BUS>-<UNIT>,bus=ide.<BUS>,unit=<UNIT>
- file=<file>Value of <file> is parsed with the following rules:
- Passing floppy device as <file> is not supported.
- Passing cd-rom device as <file> is supported only with cdrom media type (media=cdrom) and only as IDE drive (either if=ide or if=none + -device ide-drive).
- If <file> is neither block nor character device, it must not contain ':'.
- if=<interface>The following interfaces are supported: none, ide, virtio, floppy.
- cache=<cache>Supported values: none, writeback or writethrough.
- format=<format>This option is not required and can be omitted. However, this is not recommended for raw images because it represents security risk. Supported formats are: