Chapter 16. Guest Virtual Machine Disk Access with Offline Tools
- Viewing or downloading files located on a host physical machine disk.
- Editing or uploading files onto a host physical machine disk.
- Reading or writing host physical machine configuration.
- Reading or writing the Windows Registry in Windows host physical machines.
- Preparing new disk images containing files, directories, file systems, partitions, logical volumes and other options.
- Rescuing and repairing host physical machines that fail to boot or those that need boot configuration changes.
- Monitoring disk usage of host physical machines.
- Auditing compliance of host physical machines, for example to organizational security standards.
- Deploying host physical machines by cloning and modifying templates.
- Reading CD and DVD ISO and floppy disk images.
virt-df -c qemu://remote/system -d Guest