4.3.3. Importing and running the converted virtual machine
virt-v2vwill upload the exported virtual machine to the specified export domain. To import and run the converted virtual machine:
Procedure 4.7. Importing and running the converted virtual machine
- In the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Administration Portal, select the export domain from the Storage tab. The export domain must have a status of Active.
- Select the VM Import tab in the details pane to list the available virtual machines to import.
- Select one or more virtual machines and click Import Virtual Machine(s) window will open.. The
- In the drop-down menus, select the select the Default Storage Domain, Cluster, and Cluster Quota in the data center.
- Select the Collapse Snapshots check box to remove snapshot restore points and include templates in template-based virtual machines. Click to import the virtual machines.
virt-v2v cannot currently reconfigure a guest's network configuration. If the converted guest is not connected to the same subnet as the source, the guest's network configuration may have to be updated manually.