Language and Page Formatting Options
4.2. Attaching an export storage domain
Before converting virtual machines to run on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, you must attach an export storage domain to the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization data center being used.
An export storage domain can be attached to a data center to enable the import or export of virtual machines from one data center to another. An export storage domain can also be used to backup virtual machines and templates.
At a given time, an export domain can only be attached to a single data center.
Procedure 4.1. Attaching an export storage domain
- Log in to the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Administration Portal. Click the Data Centers tab.Select the data center to which the export storage domain is to be attached.
- The details pane displays. Select the Storage tab.
- Click Attach Export to add the storage location where the images are stored.
Figure 4.1. Attaching an Export Domain
- The Attach Export Domain dialog box displays if there are export domains available. Select the export domain from the list.
- Click the OK button. The new export storage domain displays on the Storage tab of the details pane with a status of Locked, followed by Inactive.
- Select the new export storage domain on the Storage tab of the details pane, and click the Activate button.
- The export domain will be activated in a few moments and display an Active status.