6.6. Other Ext4 File System Utilities
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 also features other utilities for managing ext4 file systems:
- Used to repair an ext4 file system. This tool checks and repairs an ext4 file system more efficiently than ext3, thanks to updates in the ext4 disk structure.
- Changes the label on an ext4 file system. This tool also works on ext2 and ext3 file systems.
- Controls and reports on disk space (blocks) and file (inode) usage by users and groups on an ext4 file system. For more information on using
quota, refer to
man quotaand Section 16.1, “Configuring Disk Quotas”.
As demonstrated in Section 6.2, “Mounting an Ext4 File System”, the
tune2fsutility can also adjust configurable file system parameters for ext2, ext3, and ext4 file systems. In addition, the following tools are also useful in debugging and analyzing ext4 file systems:
- Debugs ext2, ext3, or ext4 file systems.
- Saves critical ext2, ext3, or ext4 file system metadata to a file.
For more information about these utilities, refer to their respective