Show Table of Contents
2.5. Document Overview
This remainder of this document includes the following chapters:
- Chapter 3, LVM Components describes the components that make up an LVM logical volume.
- Chapter 4, LVM Administration Overview provides an overview of the basic steps you perform to configure LVM logical volumes, whether you are using the LVM Command Line Interface (CLI) commands or the LVM Graphical User Interface (GUI).
- Chapter 5, LVM Administration with CLI Commands summarizes the individual administrative tasks you can perform with the LVM CLI commands to create and maintain logical volumes.
- Chapter 6, LVM Configuration Examples provides a variety of LVM configuration examples.
- Chapter 7, LVM Troubleshooting provides instructions for troubleshooting a variety of LVM issues.
- Chapter 8, LVM Administration with the LVM GUI summarizes the operating of the LVM GUI.
- Appendix A, The Device Mapper describes the Device Mapper that LVM uses to map logical and physical volumes.
- Appendix B, The LVM Configuration Files describes the LVM configuration files.
- Appendix D, LVM Object Tags describes LVM object tags and host tags.
- Appendix E, LVM Volume Group Metadata describes LVM volume group metadata, and includes a sample copy of metadata for an LVM volume group.