4.4. GLOBAL SETTINGS
Figure 4.3. The GLOBAL SETTINGS Panel
- Primary server public IP
- In this field, enter the publicly routable real IP address for the primary LVS node.
- Primary server private IP
- Enter the real IP address for an alternative network interface on the primary LVS node. This address is used solely as an alternative heartbeat channel for the backup router and does not have to correlate to the real private IP address assigned in Section 3.1.1, “Configuring Network Interfaces for Load Balancer Add-On with NAT”. You may leave this field blank, but doing so will mean there is no alternate heartbeat channel for the backup LVS router to use and therefore will create a single point of failure.
NoteThe private IP address is not needed for Direct Routing configurations, as all real servers as well as the LVS directors share the same virtual IP addresses and should have the same IP route configuration.
NoteThe primary LVS router's private IP can be configured on any interface that accepts TCP/IP, whether it be an Ethernet adapter or a serial port.
- TCP Timeout
- Enter the time (in seconds) before a TCP session will timeout. The default timeout value is 0.
- TCP Fin Timeout
- Enter the time (in seconds) before a TCP session will timeout after receiving a FIN packet. The default timeout value is 0.
- UDP Timeout
- Enter the time (in seconds) before a UDP session will timeout. The default timeout value is 0.
- Use network type
- Click thebutton to select NAT routing.Click thebutton to select direct routing.
- NAT Router IP
- Enter the private floating IP in this text field. This floating IP should be used as the gateway for the real servers.
- NAT Router netmask
- If the NAT router's floating IP needs a particular netmask, select it from drop-down list.
- NAT Router device
- Use this text field to define the device name of the network interface for the floating IP address, such as
NoteYou should alias the NAT floating IP address to the Ethernet interface connected to the private network. In this example, the private network is on the
eth1:1is the floating IP address.