20.2.5. Using an FCP-attached SCSI DVD Drive
This requires to have a SCSI DVD drive attached to an FCP-to-SCSI bridge which is in turn connected to an FCP adapter in your System z machine. The FCP adapter has to be configured and available in your LPAR.
- Insert your Red Hat Enterprise Linux for System z DVD into the DVD drive.
- Double-click Load.
- In the dialog box that follows, select
SCSIas the Load type.
- As Load address fill in the device number of the FCP channel connected with the FCP-to-SCSI bridge.
- As World wide port name fill in the WWPN of the FCP-to-SCSI bridge as a 16-digit hexadecimal number.
- As Logical unit number fill in the LUN of the DVD drive as a 16-digit hexadecimal number.
- As Boot program selector fill in the number
1to select the boot entry on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux for System z DVD.
- Leave the Boot record logical block address as
0and the Operating system specific load parameters empty.
- Click the OK button.