23.17. Package Group Selection
Figure 23.47. Package Group Selection
- Basic Server
- This option provides a basic installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux for use on a server.
- Database Server
- This option provides the MySQL and PostgreSQL databases.
- Web server
- This option provides the Apache web server.
- Enterprise Identity Server Base
- This option provides OpenLDAP and Enterprise Identity Management (IPA) to create an identity and authentication server.
- Virtual Host
- This option provides the KVM and Virtual Machine Manager tools to create a host for virtual machines.
- This option provides the OpenOffice.org productivity suite, graphical tools such as the GIMP, and multimedia applications.
- Software Development Workstation
- This option provides the necessary tools to compile software on your Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
- This option provides only the packages essential to run Red Hat Enterprise Linux. A minimal installation provides the basis for a single-purpose server or desktop appliance and maximizes performance and security on such an installation.
WarningMinimal installation currently does not configure the firewall (
ip6tables) by default because the authconfig and system-config-firewall-base packages are missing from the selection. To work around this issue, you can use a Kickstart file to add these packages to your selection. See the Red Hat Customer Portal for details about the workaround, and Chapter 32, Kickstart Installations for information about Kickstart files.If you do not use the workaround, the installation will complete successfully, but no firewall will be configured, presenting a security risk.
23.17.1. Installing from Additional Repositories
Figure 23.48. Adding a software repository
Figure 23.49. Select network interface
- Select an interface from the drop-down menu.
Figure 23.50. Network Connections