32.3. Creating the Kickstart File
/root/anaconda-ks.cfg. You should be able to edit it with any text editor or word processor that can save files as ASCII text.
- Sections must be specified in order. Items within the sections do not have to be in a specific order unless otherwise specified. The section order is:
NoteEach section should end with
%endto avoid logged warnings.
- Items that are not required can be omitted.
- Omitting any required item results in the installation program prompting the user for an answer to the related item, just as the user would be prompted during a typical installation. Once the answer is given, the installation continues unattended (unless it finds another missing item).
- Lines starting with a pound (also known as hash) sign (#) are treated as comments and are ignored.
- For kickstart upgrades, the following items are required:
If any other items are specified for an upgrade, those items are ignored (note that this includes package selection).
- Installation method
- Device specification (if device is needed to perform the installation)
- Keyboard setup
- Boot loader configuration