Language and Page Formatting Options
8.3.4. Installing via NFS
The NFS dialog applies only if you selected NFS Image in the Installation Method dialog. If you used the
repo=nfsboot option, you already specified a server and path.
Figure 8.10. NFS Setup Dialog
- Enter the domain name or IP address of your NFS server in the NFS server name field. For example, if you are installing from a host named
eastcoastin the domain
- Enter the name of the exported directory in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.9 directory field:
If you followed the setup described in Section 4.1.2, “Preparing for an NFS Installation”, the exported directory is the one that you specified as
- If the NFS server is exporting a mirror of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux installation tree, enter the directory which contains the root of the installation tree. If everything was specified properly, a message appears indicating that the installation program for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is running.
- If the NFS server is exporting the ISO image of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux DVD, enter the directory which contains the ISO image.
- Specify any NFS mount options that you require in the NFS mount options field. Refer to the man pages for mount and nfs for a comprehensive list of options. If you do not require any mount options, leave the field empty.
- Proceed with Chapter 9, Installing Using Anaconda.