23.2. The Text Mode Installation Program User Interface
While text mode installations are not explicitly documented, those using the text mode installation program can easily follow the GUI installation instructions. However, because text mode presents you with a simpler, more streamlined installation process, certain options that are available in graphical mode are not also available in text mode. These differences are noted in the description of the installation process in this guide, and include:
- Interactively activating FCP LUNs
- configuring advanced storage methods such as LVM, RAID, FCoE, zFCP, and iSCSI.
- customizing the partition layout
- customizing the bootloader layout
- selecting packages during installation
- configuring the installed system with firstboot