Language and Page Formatting Options
26.7. Miscellaneous Parameters
The following parameters can be defined in a parameter file but do not work in a CMS configuration file.
- Do not use an automatically detected DVD as installation source but ask for the installation method to manually specify the installation source. This parameter is useful if you booted from an FCP-attached DVD but want to continue with another installation source, for example on the network or on a local hard disk.
- Turns on testing of an ISO-based installation source; for example, when booted from an FCP-attached DVD or using
repo=with an ISO on local hard disk or mounted with NFS.
- Disables support for multipathing devices.
- Specify a proxy to use with installation over HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP.
- Boot into a rescue system running from a ramdisk that can be used to fix and restore an installed system.
- Specifies a path to an
install.imgfile instead of to an installation source. Otherwise, follows the same syntax as
stage2is specified, it typically takes precedence over other methods of finding
install.img. However, if anaconda finds
install.imgon local media, the
stage2URL will be ignored.If
stage2is not specified and
install.imgcannot be found locally, anaconda looks to the location given by
stage2=is given without
method=, anaconda uses whatever repos the installed system would have enabled by default for installation.
- Makes the installer send log messages to a remote syslog server.
The boot parameters described here are the most useful for installations and trouble shooting on System z, but only a subset of those that influence the installer. Refer to Chapter 28, Boot Options for a more complete list of installer boot parameters.