Chapter 26. Parameter and Configuration Files
- automate the user input for linuxrc or the loader (refer to Chapter 21, Installation Phase 1: Configuring a Network Device and Chapter 22, Installation Phase 2: Configuring Language and Installation Source).
- install unattended with kickstart.
- choose non-default installation settings that are not accessible through the installer"s interactive user interface, such as rescue mode.
ro, and parameters for the installation process, such as
26.1. Required Parameters
images/of the installation DVD:
- where file_system represents the device on which the root file system can be found. For installation purposes, it must be set to
/dev/ram0, which is the ramdisk containing the Red Hat Enterprise Linux installation program.
- mounts the root file system, which is a ramdisk, read-only.
- disables automatic network configuration.
- modifies the memory size reserved for the ramdisk to ensure that the Red Hat Enterprise Linux installation program fits within it. For example:
cio_ignore=all,!0.0.0009. This setting speeds up boot and device detection on systems with many devices. The installer transparently handles the activation of ignored devices.
cio_ignoresupport not being implemented throughout the entire stack, adapt the
cio_ignore=parameter value to your system or remove the parameter entirely from your parameter file used for booting (IPL) the installer.