5.2. Resizing an Online Multipath Device
If you need to resize an online multipath device, use the following procedure.
- Resize your physical device.
- Execute the following command to find the paths to the LUN:
- Resize your paths. For SCSI devices, writing a 1 to the
rescanfile for the device causes the SCSI driver to rescan, as in the following command:
echo 1 > /sys/block/path_device/device/rescanEnsure that you run this command for each of the path devices. For example, if your path devices are
sdf, you would run the following commands:
echo 1 > /sys/block/sda/device/rescan#
echo 1 > /sys/block/sdb/device/rescan#
echo 1 > /sys/block/sde/device/rescan#
echo 1 > /sys/block/sdf/device/rescan
- Resize your multipath device by executing the
multipathd resize map multipath_device
- Resize the file system (assuming no LVM or DOS partitions are used):