4.3. Additional Resources
While programs allowing users to gain administrative privileges are a potential security risk, security itself is beyond the scope of this particular book. You should therefore see sources listed below for more information regarding security and privileged access.
- su(1) - the manual page for
suprovides information regarding the options available with this command.
- sudo(8) - the manual page for
sudoincludes a detailed description of this command as well as a list of options available for customizing
- pam(8) - the manual page describing the use of Pluggable Authentication Modules for Linux.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Security Guide - The Security Guide describes in detail security risks and mitigating techniques related to programs for gaining privileges.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Managing Single Sign-On and Smart Cards - This guide provides, among other things, a detailed description of Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM), their configuration and usage.