21.2.3. Additional Resources
vsftpdconfiguration, see the following resources.
22.214.171.124. Installed Documentation
/usr/share/doc/vsftpd-version-number/directory — The
TUNINGfile contains basic performance-tuning tips and the
SECURITY/directory contains information about the security model employed by
vsftpd-related man pages — There are a number of man pages for the daemon and the configuration files. The following lists some of the more important man pages.
- Server Applications
- vsftpd(8) — Describes available command-line options for
- Configuration Files
- vsftpd.conf(5) — Contains a detailed list of options available within the configuration file for
- hosts_access(5) — Describes the format and options available within the
TCPwrappers configuration files:
- Interaction with SELinux
man ftpd_selinux— Contains a description of the SELinux policy governing
ftpdprocesses as well as an explanation of the way SELinux labels need to be assigned and Booleans set.
126.96.36.199. Online Documentation
- About vsftpd and FTP in General
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Documentation
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Security-Enhanced Linux — The Security-Enhanced Linux for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 describes the basic principles of SELinux and documents in detail how to configure and use SELinux with various services such as the Apache HTTP Server, Postfix, PostgreSQL, or OpenShift. It explains how to configure SELinux access permissions for system services managed by systemd.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Security Guide — The Security Guide for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 assists users and administrators in learning the processes and practices of securing their workstations and servers against local and remote intrusion, exploitation, and malicious activity. It also explains how to secure critical system services.
- Relevant RFC Documents
- RFC 0959 — The original Request for Comments (RFC) of the
FTPprotocol from the IETF.
- RFC 1123 — The small
FTP-related section extends and clarifies RFC 0959.
- RFC 2228 —
FTPsecurity extensions. vsftpd implements the small subset needed to support TLS and SSL connections.
- RFC 2389 — Proposes
- RFC 2428 —