21.3.4. Adding an AppSocket/HP JetDirect printer
Follow this procedure to add an AppSocket/HP JetDirect printer:
- Open the
New Printerdialog (see Section 21.3.1, “Starting the Printer Configuration Tool”).
- In the list on the left, select Network Printer → AppSocket/HP JetDirect.
- On the right, enter the connection settings:
- Printer host name or IP address.
- Port Number
- Printer port listening for print jobs (
Figure 21.5. Adding a JetDirect printer
- Click Forward.
- Select the printer model. See Section 21.3.8, “Selecting the Printer Model and Finishing” for details.