1.3. Setting Up Hardware
- Cluster nodes — Computers that are capable of running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 software, with at least 1GB of RAM.
- Network switches for public network — This is required for client access to the cluster.
- Network switches for private network — This is required for communication among the cluster nodes and other cluster hardware such as network power switches and Fibre Channel switches.
- Fencing device — A fencing device is required. A network power switch is recommended to perform fencing in an enterprise-level cluster. For information about supported fencing devices, see Appendix A, Fence Device Parameters.
- Storage — Some type of storage is required for a cluster. Figure 1.1, “Red Hat High Availability Add-On Hardware Overview” shows shared storage, but shared storage may not be required for your specific use.
Figure 1.1. Red Hat High Availability Add-On Hardware Overview