5.5. Managing High-Availability Services
In addition to adding and modifying a service, as described in Section 4.10, “Adding a Cluster Service to the Cluster”, you can perform the following management functions for high-availability services through the luci server component of Conga:
- Start a service
- Restart a service
- Disable a service
- Delete a service
- Relocate a service
From the cluster-specific page, you can manage services for that cluster by clicking on Service Groups along the top of the cluster display. This displays the services that have been configured for that cluster.
- Starting a service — To start any services that are not currently running, select any services you want to start by clicking the check box for that service and clicking Start.
- Restarting a service — To restart any services that are currently running, select any services you want to restart by clicking the check box for that service and clicking Restart.
- Disabling a service — To disable any service that is currently running, select any services you want to disable by clicking the check box for that service and clicking Disable.
- Deleting a service — To delete any services that are not currently running, select any services you want to disable by clicking the check box for that service and clicking Delete.
- Relocating a service — To relocate a running service, click on the name of the service in the services display. This causes the services configuration page for the service to be displayed, with a display indicating on which node the service is currently running.From the Start on node... drop-down box, select the node on which you want to relocate the service, and click on the Start icon. A message appears at the top of the screen indicating that the service is being started. You may need to refresh the screen to see the new display indicating that the service is running on the node you have selected.
NoteIf the running service you have selected is a
vmservice, the drop-down box will show a
migrateoption instead of a
You can also start, restart, disable or delete an individual service by clicking on the name of the service on the Services page. This displays the service configuration page. At the top right corner of the service configuration page are the same icons for Start, Restart, Disable, and Delete.