Chapter 6. Desktop
LibreOffice rebased to version 188.8.131.52
The libreoffice packages have been upgraded to upstream version 184.108.40.206, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version, including:
- The possibility to print comments in page margin has been added.
- Support for nested comments has been added.
- OpenXML interoperability has been improved.
- Accessibility support has been enhanced.
- The color picker has been improved.
- The start center has been improved.
- Initial HiDPI support has been added.
- The limitation on number of characters in a paragraph has been raised considerably.
For a complete list of bug fixes and enhancements provided by this upgrade, refer to https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/4.3. (BZ#1258467)
mesa now supports additional Intel 3D graphics
The mesa package now supports integrated 3D graphics on 6th generation Intel Core processors, Intel Xeon processor E3 v5, and current Intel Pentium and Intel Celeron-branded processors. (BZ#1135362)
New Vinagre features
This update provides a number of features to Vinagre. Namely:
- The ability to connect through RDP protocol to remote Windows machines has been added.
- If requested, credentials can be stored in a keyring for RDP connections.
- Minimize button has been added to the fullscreen toolbar so that users do not need to leave fullscreen mode to minimize the whole window.
In addition, the
/apps/vinagre/plugins/active-pluginsGConf key is now ignored as it could cause RDP not to be loaded. (BZ#1215093)
vmwgfx now supports 3D operations under VMware Workstation 10
vmwgfxdriver has been updated to version 4.4, which enables
vmwgfxsupport for 3D operations under VMware Workstation 10. With this upgrade, the
vmwgfxdriver now allows virtualized Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 system to work as intended on Windows workstations. (BZ#1164447)
x3270 rebased to version 3.3.15
The latest update of x3270 in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.8 adds support for oversize, dynamic screen resolutions, that is screen adjustment on window resizing, to the IBM 3270 terminal emulator for the X Window System. Viewing larger screen sizes thus works properly and larger files or outputs on the mainframe appear as expected. (BZ#1171849)
icedtea-web rebased to version 1.6.2
The icedtea-web packages have been upgraded to upstream version 1.6.2, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version. Notable changes include the following:
- The IcedTea-Web documentation and man pages have been significantly expanded.
- IcedTea-Web now supports bash completion.
Run in Sandboxfeatures have been enhanced.
-htmlswitch has been implemented for the Java Web Start (JavaWS) framework, which can serve as a replacement of the AppletViewer program.
- It is now possible to use IcedTea-Web to create desktop and menu launchers for applets and JavaWS applications. (BZ#1275523)