Updated xcb-util, xorg-x11-drivers, and mesa packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The xcb-util package provides a number of libraries that use the libxcb library, the core X protocol library, and some of the extension libraries. These experimental libraries provide convenience functions and interfaces which make the raw X protocol more usable. Some of the libraries also provide client-side code which is not strictly part of the X protocol but which have traditionally been provided by the Xlib library.
The individual X.Org drivers, previously provided by the xorg-x11-drivers package, are included to allow installation of all drivers at once, without having to track which individual drivers are present on each architecture.
This package also provides Mesa 3D graphics API that is compatible with Open Graphics Library (OpenGL), as well as hardware-accelerated drivers for many popular graphics chips.
Utilities and drivers contained in the xcb-util package have been upgraded to newer upstream versions to provide a number of fixes and enhancements. The following components have been upgraded: xorg-x11-server, xorg-x11-server-utils, libwacom, xorg-x11-drv-aiptek, xorg-x11-drv-acecad, xorg-x11-drv-elographics, xorg-x11-drv-mutouch, xorg-x11-drv-keyboard, xorg-x11-drv-wacom, xorg-x11-drv-fpit, xorg-x11-drv-vmmouse, xorg-x11-drv-penmount, xorg-x11-drv-mouse, xorg-x11-drv-hyperpen, xorg-x11-drv-void, xorg-x11-drv-evdev, xorg-x11-drv-synaptics, xorg-x11-drv-, xorg-x11-drv-apm, xorg-x11-drv-ast, xorg-x11-drv-ati, xorg-x11-drv-cirrus, xorg-x11-drv-dummy, xorg-x11-drv-fbdev, xorg-x11-drv-geode, xorg-x11-drv-glint, xorg-x11-drv-i128, xorg-x11-drv-i740, xorg-x11-drv-intel, xorg-x11-drv-mach64, xorg-x11-drv-mga, xorg-x11-drv-modesetting, xorg-x11-drv-neomagic, xorg-x11-drv-nouveau, xorg-x11-drv-nv, xorg-x11-drv-openchrome, xorg-x11-drv-qxl, xorg-x11-drv-r128, xorg-x11-drv-rendition, xorg-x11-drv-s3virge, xorg-x11-drv-savage, xorg-x11-drv-siliconmotion, xorg-x11-drv-sis, xorg-x11-drv-sisusb, xorg-x11-drv-tdfx, xorg-x11-drv-trident, xorg-x11-drv-v4l, xorg-x11-drv-vesa, xorg-x11-drv-vmware, xorg-x11-drv-voodoo, xorg-x11-drv-xgi, xorg-x11-apps, xorg-x11-glamor, xorg-x11-proto-devel, xorg-x11-xtrans-devel, xcb-proto, xcb-util, libpciaccess, pixman, mesa, mesa-private-llvm, libdrm. (BZ#1077331, BZ#1088988, BZ#1077472, BZ#1077473, BZ#1077474, BZ#1077475, BZ#1077476, BZ#1077477, BZ#1077478, BZ#1077479, BZ#1077480, BZ#1077481, BZ#1077482, BZ#1077483, BZ#1077484, BZ#1077485, BZ#1077486, BZ#1078370, BZ#1078372, BZ#1078373, BZ#1078374, BZ#1078375, BZ#1078376, BZ#1078377, BZ#1078378, BZ#1078379, BZ#1078380, BZ#1078381, BZ#1078382, BZ#1078383, BZ#1078384, BZ#1078386, BZ#1078387, BZ#1078388, BZ#1078389, BZ#1078390, BZ#1078391, BZ#1078392, BZ#1078394, BZ#1078395, BZ#1078396, BZ#1078397, BZ#1078398, BZ#1078399, BZ#1078400, BZ#1078401, BZ#1078402, BZ#1078403, BZ#1078404, BZ#1078405, BZ#1078410, BZ#1078412, BZ#1078413, BZ#1078414, BZ#1078415, BZ#1078416, BZ#1078417, BZ#1078418, BZ#1078419, BZ#1078420, BZ#1078422, BZ#1061543, BZ#1071697, BZ#1026557, BZ#1022858, BZ#1084244, BZ#1103544 )
- Under certain rare circumstances, due to a high default color depth setting in the xorg-x11-drv-mga driver, the mouse cursor flickered when moved. This bug has been fixed by setting the default color depth to 16 bpp.
- Previously, the Xephyr display server did not correctly parse the input provided with the -keybd option. Consequently, the -keybd settings were not fully applied. This bug has been fixed and the -keybd settings passed to Xephyr are now correctly parsed and accepted.
- Previously, the pixman library allocated insufficient amount of memory for the create_bits() function when processing PDF files. Consequently, the Evince document viewer terminated unexpectedly when opening PDF files. With this update, pixman has been modified to allocate a sufficient amount of memory when processing PDF files, thus fixing this bug.
- Previously, the "sessreg -a -w" command was not writing the lastlog entry into the log file specified on the command line. With this update, sessreg uses the utmp interface rather than utmpx. Now, when executing the "sessreg -a -w", lastlog entry is recorded to the correct file.
- Prior to this update, front buffer rendering with the software driver from the mesa package resulted in inverted rendering and incorrect readbacks. Consequently, some applications, such as examples in the /usr/lib/mesa/ directory, appeared inverted to the user. This bug has been fixed, and applications using the software driver now render correctly.
- When using multiple QXL devices with the Xinerama extension, or multiple QXL devices while each being a separate screen, an attempt to set a resolution higher than 1024 x 768 pixels in the xorg.conf file failed with an error. With this update, the underlying source code has been modified and the screen resolution can now be set without complications.
- Due to a missing dependency of the libGL library on the libX11 library, compiling libraries such as gl2ps failed with the "undefined reference _XgetRequest" message. The dependency has been added and compiling no longer fails with the aforementioned error.
- Previously, the libGL library from the mesa package was unable to create connections to X servers running GLX 1.2 without fbconfig support. Consequently, all GL applications failed on those servers. This bug has been fixed, and GL applications are now connected to X servers as expected.
- An attempt to lock a gnome-screensaver instance running within an remote Xnest session through VNC caused the Xnest session to terminate with the following message:
X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)This bug has been fixed, and the gnome-screensaver instance can now be locked successfully trough VNC.
- Previously, the X server occasionally became unresponsive when using the Mozilla Firefox web browser. This bug has been fixed and X server no longer freezes in the aforementioned scenario.
- The libglamoregl module from the xorg-x11-glamor package was loaded automatically, which caused conflicts if 3rd party drivers were installed. Consequently, Xorg terminated unexpectedly. With this update, libglamoregl is no longer loaded automatically, thus preventing the conflicts and the Xorg crash.
- In certain cases, when using the Xephyr display server with 8-bit color depth, a color preview window was not automatically updated after modifying the color using sliders. This bug has been fixed and the color preview now correctly reacts to user's settings.
- Previously, when switching to full screen mode with two monitors with higher resolution (for example, 1920x1200) without changing the resolution on the secondary monitor, the second screen became defected by two dark vertical stripes. The underlying source code has been updated, and automatic scaling with higher resolution now works as expected.
- Under certain circumstances, when running the gnome-system-monitor or glxgears utilities in full screen, Xorg used 100% of CPU. With this update, the xorg-x11-drv-mga driver has been fixed and the aforementioned problem no longer occurs.
- Due to a bug in the xorg-x11-server package, a segmentation fault could occur when executing the "Xorg -configure" command. This bug has been fixed and the segmentation fault no longer occurs in the aforementioned scenario.
- The xorg-x11-drv-vmware package has been updated to fix a command submission problem on systems that do not have the VMware kms driver installed.
- This update adds support for the AMD Chelsea XT GL M3000 GPU to the mesa package.
- This update adds support for the Lenovo X220 Tablet Touchscreen to the xorg-x11-drv-wacom driver.
- BZ#1008692, BZ#1008693
- This update adds support for new Wacom Intuos Pro Tablets to the xorg-x11-drv-wacom driver.
- This update adds the xcb-util-image module to the xcb-utils package. This module provides a port of XImage and XShmImage functions from the Xlib library.
- This update adds the xcb-util-keysyms module to the xcb-utils package. This module provides standard X key constants and conversion to and from keycodes.
- This update adds the xcb-util-wm module to the xcb-utils package. This module provides client and window-manager helpers for the ewhm and icccm libraries.
- This update adds support for AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series and AMD Radeon HD 8000 Series GPUs, excluding GPUs inside AMD Opteron X1150 and X2150 APUs.
Users of xcb-util, xorg-x11-drivers, and mesa are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs and add these enhancements.