Language and Page Formatting Options
- The mvapich2 packages use the
GNU Autotoolsset of tools (
libtool) to process its configuration. Features included in version 1.12 and later are required, but are not available in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 and earlier. As a consequence, rebuilding mvapich2 fails with earlier versions of
GNU Autotools. To work around this problem, uninstall the autoconf, automake, and libtool packages, rebuild mvapich2, and then reinstall
- Under certain circumstances, the
IPMIservice is not started and the
ipmi_devintfkernel module that provides the device node interface is not loaded. As a consequence, some hardware could reboot unexpectedly after installation before the first intentional reboot. To work around this problem, run the following commands as root:
chkconfig --level 345 ipmi on
service ipmi restart
service bmc-watchdog condrestartAlternatively, log in as root, create the
/etc/modprobe.d/watchdog-reboot-workaround.conffile, and include the following three aliases:
- alias acpi:IPI000*:* ipmi_si
- alias acpi:IPI000*:* ipmi_devintf
- alias acpi:IPI000*:* ipmi_msghandler
- The following example in the description of the -V option in the ssh-keygen(1) manual page is incorrect:
“-4w:+4w” (valid from four weeks ago to four weeks from now)If you set a date range in this format, the certificate is valid from four weeks ago until now.
- Attempting to access the CURLINFO_PRIVATE value can cause curl to terminate unexpectedly with a segmentation fault.
- The ALSA plug-in is not supported in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. Instead of the ALSA plug-in, use the pulseaudio plug-in. To enable it, use the
--plugin rpdsndoption with the
xfreerdpcommand without specifying which plug-in should be used; the pulseaudio plug-in will be used automatically in this case.
- Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Endpoint Cards which support both CAC and PIV interfaces might not work with the latest coolkey update; some signature operations like PKINIT can fail. To work around this problem, downgrade coolkey to the version shipped with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3.
- Even if the stored credentials are used , the report-gtk utility can report the following error message:
Wrong settings detected for Red Hat Customer Support [..]To work around this problem, close the dialog window; the
Password=<rhn-password>credentials in the
/etc/libreport/plugins/rhtsupport.confwill be used in the same way they are used by report-rhtsupport.For more information, refer to this Knowledge Base article.
- When a user password is used to lock a console with vlock, the console can only be unlocked with the user password, not the root password. That is, even if the first inserted password is incorrect, and the user is prompted to provide the root password, entering the root password fails with an error message.
- Libreoffice contains a number of harmless files used for testing purposes. However, on Microsoft Windows system, these files can trigger false positive alerts on various anti-virus software, such as Microsoft Security Essentials. For example, the alerts can be triggered when scanning the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 ISO file.
- When the computer runs on battery, custom brightness level is not remembered and restored if power saving features like "dim display when idle" or "reduce backlight brightness when idle" are enabled.
- rsyslog does not reload its configuration after a
SIGHUPsignal is issued. To reload the configuration, the
rsyslogdaemon needs to be restarted:
service rsyslog restart