- Previously, the default iptables rules for IPv6 did not allow the DHCPv6 configuration. Consequently, the DHCPv6 responses were blocked. With this update, the rules enabling DHCPv6 have been added, so that network environments using DHCPv6 are now supported as expected.
- Recently, some arbitrary names for network devices have been changed. As a consequence, it was impossible to find such devices by name. This update provides a patch that reflects the name change, so that it is now easy to find the renamed devices.
- Under certain circumstances, an attempt to execute the system-config-firewall utility failed with the following error:"shutil.py:50:copyfile:IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/etc/sysconfig/iptables-config'"The underlying source code has been modified to fix this bug and system-config-firewall now works as expected in the described scenario.
- Previously, the "eth+" GUI option could not be expanded to show individual network interfaces. Consequently, the user was unable to specify a rule for a particular interface. With this update, the particular entries have been added to the list of interfaces, thus allowing to specify a rule for a single interface.
- Due to a missing dependency, an attempt to run the system-config-firewall-tui utility on a system with a minimal installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 failed. The missing dependency has been added to the system-config-firewall-tui dependency list and the utility now works correctly.
- Previously, the localization of the system-config-firewall utility was not complete. This update completes translations for all languages supported by Red Hat.