- Prior to this update, the rping utility from the librdmacm-utils package failed to establish an RDMA connection after accepting a connection request from the client. This bug has been fixed and rping now creates connections as expected in the described case.
- Under certain circumstances, the udaddy utility from the librdmacm-utils package became unresponsive while receiving data transfers. This bug has been fixed and udaddy no longer hangs in the aforementioned scenario.
- Previously, the ib_qib kernel module initialized certain mezzanine cards using a kernel module parameter. However, the support for this method of initialization has been deprecated and removed upstream, and was therefore removed from the Red Hat kernel in a previous update. As a consequence, the initialization of certain mezzanine cards no longer succeeded. With this update, a modprobe configuration file is provided by the libipathverbs library that enables the proper configuration of the ib_qib module from user space. As a result, the affected mezzanine cards now initialize as expected.
- Previously, the shared OpenType font library “libotf.so.0” was provided by both the openmpi package and the libotf package. Consequently, when an RPM spec file requested libotf.so.0 in order to operate properly, Yum could install either openmpi or libotf to satisfy the dependency. However, as these two packages do not provide compatible libotf.so.0 libraries, the program either worked or not depending on whether or not the right provider was selected. The libotf.so.0 in openmpi is not intended for other applications to link against, it is an internal library. With this update, libotf.so.0 in openmpi is excluded from RPM library identification searches. As a result, applications linking against libotf will get the right libotf, and openmpi will not accidentally be installed to satisfy the need for libotf.
- This update adds XRC support to InfiniBand stack and ConnectX devices from the libibverbs package.
- This update adds support for the InfiniBand specification to the openmpi package.
- This update adds a libocrdma package that provides a device-specific userspace driver for Emulex One Command RoCE Adapters to be used with the libibverbs library.
- BZ#1091537, BZ#1100557, BZ#1130083
- This update adds the mpich package that provides a high-performance and widely portable implementation of the MPI standard (MPI-1, MPI-2 and MPI-3).