Language and Page Formatting Options
Updated python-virtinst package that fixes several bugs and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The python-virtinst package contains several command-line utilities, including virt-install for building and installing new virtual machines, and virt-clone for cloning existing virtual machines.
- Due to a bug in the python-virtinst package, the "virt-install --graphics spice" command did not create a spicevmc channel. This bug has been fixed and the aforementioned command now works as expected.
- Due to a bug in the python-virtinst package, the "sparse=false" parameter of the virt-install command was ignored and the newly crated storage was not fully allocated. This bug has been fixed and the "virt-install sparse=false" command now works correctly.
- Prior to this update, when the allocation of a new lvm volume was set to 0 with the virt-install utility, no error message was returned. With this update, virt-install has been modified to display an error message in the aforementioned case.
- The virt-manager utility failed to clone virtual machines (VMs) with fully allocated logical volumes. After clicking the Clone button in virt-manager GUI, the following message was displayed:Sparse logical volumes are not supportedThis bug has been fixed and VMs with fully allocated logical volumes can now be cloned successfully with virt-manager GUI.
- When the virt-install command was executed with the "device=lun" option, it terminated with the following message:Unknown device type 'lun'This bug has been fixed, and lun device type is now recognized correctly by virt-install.
- When selecting a PCI device to be assigned to a virtual machine, the virt-manager GUI did not display the domain of PCI devices. Consequently, it was impossible to assign a PCI device in any domain other than zero. This bug has been fixed and virt-manager now displays domains correctly in the described case.
In addition, this update adds the following
- This update adds support for the MacVTap device driver to the python-virtinst package. MacVTap, which facilitates virtualized bridged networking, can now be used when installing new virtual guest machines.
- This update adds options for USB redirection to the python-virtinst package.
- The list of operating system variants displayed by the "virt-install --os-variant list" command has been updated.
- This update enables the startup_policy parameter for the --disk option of the virt-install command. This parameter allows to specify what to do with the disk if the source file is not accessible. It accepts the same parameters as the startupPolicy domain XML attribute.
Users of python-virtinst are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which fixes these bugs and adds these enhancements.