Updated evolution packages that fix several bugs are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Evolution is a GNOME application that provides integrated email, calendar, contact management and communications functionality. The components which make up Evolution are tightly integrated with one another and act as a seamless personal information-management (PIM) tool.
- Previously, the option to choose the time format in the Evolution application was not offered for certain languages. As a consequence, the calendar component editor always showed time in the 24-hour format. With this update, the correct time format is displayed based on the selection the user makes in the Edit menu: Preferences, Calendar and Tasks.
- Prior to this update, newly created local address books were not set correctly. Consequently, address books in the Evolution application could not be deleted, and incorrect data was displayed. With this update, address books can be removed, contacts in separated address books remain visible only in the appropriate address books, and the add, edit, and remove operations no longer cause any inconsistency.
- Previously, the Evolution application did not always handle adding new attachments correctly. As a consequence, attaching a large file caused the Evolution application to terminate unexpectedly under certain circumstances. A patch has been applied to address this bug, and adding new attachments no longer causes Evolution to crash.
- Previously, the Evolution application displayed only a general prompt for the Smart Card PIN. As a consequence, the user could be uncertain what PIN to enter. This update improves the prompt, and the user now knows what certificate the requested PIN belongs to.
- Prior to this update, the Evolution application did not correctly handle calling the "Mark All As Read" function. Consequently, Evolution could become unresponsive until the operation was completely finished. A patch has been provided to fix this problem, and Evolution no longer hangs in the described situation.
- Previously, an error could occur when displaying a new email notification. As a consequence, the Evolution application did not work correctly under certain circumstances. With this update, the bug has been fixed and email notifications are correctly displayed.
Users of evolution are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs. All running instances of Evolution must be restarted for this update to take effect.