Language and Page Formatting Options
Updated augeas packages that fix several bugs and add two enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Augeas is a utility for editing configuration. Augeas parses configuration files in their native formats and transforms them into a tree. Configuration changes are made by manipulating this tree and saving it back into native configuration files. Augeas also uses "lenses" as basic building blocks for establishing the mapping from files into the Augeas tree and back.
- BZ#1001635, BZ#1059383
- Previously, the Grub lens did not support "setkey", "lock", and "foreground" directives, which caused virt-v2v process to terminate unexpectedly with an error message. The bug has been fixed, and virt-v2v process no longer fails.
- BZ#1093711, BZ#1016904
- When sudo configuration files, sudoers, contained directives with user aliases or group names using underscore characters, the sudoers lens was unable to parse the configuration file. With this update, underscores have been permitted in group names, and the sudoers lens now parses files successfully.
- Prior to this update, when shell configuration files contained "export" lines with multiple variables or case statements with two semicolons (;;) on the same line as an expression, Augeas was unable to parse these files. With this update, Augeas handles multiple variables on the same export line and case statements with two semicolons as expected, and the aforementioned files are successfully parsed.
- Previously, when the sysconfig lens was used to parse a shell configuration file containing a blank comment after another comment, the parsing process failed. The lens has been fixed to parse this combination of comments, and parsing is now finished successfully.
- When parsing yum configuration files with spaces around key or value separators, Augeas was unable to parse the files. The underlying source code has been fixed, and yum configuration files are now parsed successfully.
- Prior to this update, no generic lens existed for parsing the INI-style files, and parsing thus failed with an error message. The IniFile module has been fixed to contain generic lenses, and INI-style files are now parsed as intended.
- When automounter maps contained references to hosts with host names containing hyphens, the automounter lens failed to parse the /etc/auto.export configuration file. A patch has been provided to fix this bug, and /etc/auto.export is now parsed as expected.
- Prior to this update, the default rsyslog configuration file provided in Red Hat Enterprise Linux failed to parse using Augeas. The rsyslog lens has been fixed to parse the filters and templates used, and /etc/rsyslog.conf is now parsed successfully.
- When Nagios Remote Plugin Executor (NRPE) configuration files contained the "allow_bash_command_substitution" option, the NRPE lens was unable to parse the files. A patch has been provided to fix this bug, and files with "allow_bash_command_substitution" are now parsed as intended.
In addition, this update adds the following
- With this update, lenses have been added to parse configuration files relating to Red Hat JBoss A-MQ, including ActiveMQ configurations, ActiveMQ XML files, Jetty configuration, and JMX access files.
- A new lens has been added to parse the Splunk configuration files, and thus the user can now manage Splunk configuration through the Puppet module.
Users of augeas are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs and add these enhancements.