Language and Page Formatting Options
Updated xfsprogs packages that fix several bugs are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The xfsprogs packages contain a set of commands to use the XFS file system, including the mkfs.xfs command to construct an XFS file system.
- Previously, when the ag_stride option was specified as an option to the xfs_repair command, the command terminated with a segmentation fault. This update modifies the underlying XFS repair code so the ag_stride option is now properly handled.
- Previously on certain file systems, the xfs_repair utility could occasionally emit warnings such as "7f61c041b700: Badness in key lookup (length)". These were harmless errors related to cache lookup failures, however these messages might have concerned users running xfs_repair. This update ensures that these warnings are no longer encountered.
- When stripe geometry was specified manually to the mkfs.xfs command, mkfs.xfs did not properly select "multidisk mode" as it does when stripe geometry is automatically detected. As a result, a less than optimal number of allocation groups was created. With this update, multidisk mode is selected properly, and a larger number of allocation groups is created.
- The xfs_io(8) man page did not contain documentation for the chproj, lsproj, and setfl commands. These commands are now documented in the man page. Also, the man page has been corrected to refer to section 2 of the fallocate() system call.
- Previously, the xfs_logprint command could abort with the "xlog_print_trans_inode: illegal inode type" error when it encountered a multiply-logged inode field. This update modifies the underlying logprint code so that multiply-logged inode fields are now handled properly, and xfs_logprint completes successfully as expected.
- Previously, the xfs_repair utility was unable to properly handle fragmented multi-block version 2 directories, which could, under certain circumstances, result in an xfs_repair segmentation fault. This update modifies the underlying code so xfs_repair can now operate on fragmented version 2 directories as expected.
- The mkfs.xfs(8) man page did not contain a description of the "-d noalign" option, which disables automatic storage geometry detection at mkfs time. With this update, the option is now properly documented.
- Previously, the xfs_logprint command could fail when encountering a continued inode transaction or a wrapped log. This update modifies the underlying logprint code so that continued inode transactions and wrapped logs are now handled properly, and xfs_logprint completes successfully as expected.
Users of xfprogs are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs.