- When a guest was configured with two or more screens, these screens were not shown correctly on the respective client monitors. With this update, virt-viewer has been modified to place the guest screens correctly on the client monitors.
- Due to a bug in the spice-gtk utility, when a virtual machine was started in full screen mode, the guest screen resolution could not be changed afterwards. Consequently, the resolution always reverted to the native monitor resolution. This bug has been fixed, and the screen resolution can now be changed without complications.
- Previously, when a Gtk+ menu was open during certain operation that modified its content, an attempt to recreate this menu could cause the client to become unresponsive. With this update, instead of recreating the whole menu, virt-viewer repopulates the existing one. As a result, the risk of client freeze is now reduced in the aforementioned scenario.
- Prior to this update, when the client was in full screen mode, it was not possible to set up screen resolution higher than the native resolution of the monitor. The underlying source code has been modified and resolutions higher than the monitor native resolution can now be configured in full screen mode.
- Previously, keyboard events were not sent to the guest when it was suspended, therefore the guest could not be woken up. This bug has been fixed, and all keyboard events are now sent to the guest, regardless of its state. As a result, pressing a key now wakes up the guest as expected.
- When the guest was shut down while the client was still connected, the following message was displayed:
Unable to connect to the graphic serverWith this update, virt-viewer has been modified not to report an error on normal disconnection. As a result, the error message is no longer displayed in the described case.
- Previously, when virt-viewer ran in full screen mode, the mirror monitors were created randomly. This update modifies virt-viewer to maintain the association of client window and monitors. As a result, the additional monitors are no longer mirrored randomly.
- Prior to this update, the title bar of the client window became invisible when virt-viewer was leaving the full screen state. This bug has been fixed an the client window title bar is now visible and reachable when leaving full screen.
- Previously, when virt-viewer was switched to full screen mode, multiple monitor displays in both client and guest appeared to have the same resolution, even though the monitors were different. This bug has been fixed, and monitors now display resolution according to their actual capacity.
- Prior to this update, after closing the virt-viewer guest terminal, the I/O error was written to the
libvirtd.logfile. With this update, libvirt events and callbacks are unregistered when closing the guest terminal, and I/O errors are no longer logged in the aforementioned scenario.
- When the
automatically resizeoption was disabled in remote-viewer and the screen resolution on the guest machine was changed, this change was not accepted and the resolution reverted back to the previous state. With this update, remote-viewer has been modified to keep monitor configuration synchronized with the guest, even when automatic resize is disabled.
- Due to an unnecessary message returned by virt-viewer, when attempting to connect to a multi-monitor guest in full screen mode, secondary monitors sometimes kept flashing in a loop. Now, the message about additional monitor reconfiguration has been removed and extra monitors no longer flash when in full screen mode.
- Prior to this update, in a multi-monitor guest setup, the sendkey menu was incorrectly placed on the secondary monitors. With this update, virt-viewer has been modified to correctly translate the menu coordinates based on the top level window position. As a result, the sendkey menu is now correctly placed on secondary monitors.
- After pressing the
Alt+Skey combination or other menu accelerators the guest kept the
Altstate enabled. Consequently, certain guest functionality did not work correctly. With this update, the guest
Altkeys are properly released when the keyboard grab is taken in the client user interface, thus fixing this bug.
- Previously, virt-viewer was not able to connect to the libvirt guest console configured with only SPICE TLS autoport. With this update, the setup logic has been modified to check the presence of any port, plain or TLS. As a result, virt-viewer can now connect successfully to thethe TLS-only guest.
- When an invalid password was entered for a Spice session, no error message was shown. Now, the authentication failure is handled properly and an error dialog is shown if Spice password is invalid.
- This update modifies the virt-viewer startup behavior when started from the command line without any parameters. Now, the connection dialog handles errors, and allows to correct the connection details and to try a new connection.
- This update adds the
STRINGoption to remote-viewer, which makes it possible to override the default window title with user-defined text.
- This update adds the
--hotkeysoption that enables hotkey configuration from the command line.
- With this update, virt-viewer has been modified to show a dialog window when closing a single monitor session. This dialog asks for users' confirmation and contains an option to not be shown again.
- This update allows to setup a remote-viewer session from a file, for example from the RHEVM portal, via a simple browser link, without the need for a browser-specific plug-in or multi-process communication.