Language and Page Formatting Options
Updated virt-manager packages that fix several bugs are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Virtual Machine Manager (virt-manager) is a graphical tool for administering virtual machines for KVM, Xen, and QEMU. The virt-manager utility can start, stop, add or remove virtualized devices, connect to a graphical or serial console, and see resource usage statistics for existing virtualized guests on local or remote machines. It uses the libvirt API (Application Programming Interface).
- Previously, when calling the libvirt utility, virt-manager omitted an address (in form "bus:device") when identical USB devices (in form "vendorid:productid") were attached, and thus the wrong devices were attached to the guest. With this update, the user specifies information about both, the "bus:device" and "vendorid:productid", to select the correct device. Now, the specified device in the XML or the device selected in the virt-manager GUI are correctly attached to the guest.
- Previously, changing a device type or model did not reset the guest address that the device should be reachable at. Consequently, the guest could not start after changing a watchdog from i6300esb to ib700. This bug has been fixed and the guest can now be started as expected.
- When selecting a bridge network created by the libvirt utility, virt-manager could not display the details and configuration of network created by libvirt. Moreover, the following error was returned:Error selecting network: 'None Type' object has no attribute 'split'With this update, configuration of the network created by libvirt.
- Previously, the "create a new virtual machine" virt-manager dialog contained a typographical mistake in unit of "Storage", showing "Gb" instead of "GB". The typo has been fixed.
- Due to a wrong attribute always set to "no", errors occurred after changing SElinux from the static option to dynamic on virt-manager. A patch has been provided to fix this bug. With this update, no error messages are returned and SElinux now changes from the static to dynamic option successfully.
- If the "Toolbar" check-box was unchecked from the VM configuration in virt-manager, any new VM failed to start installation and the 'Begin Installation' button disappeared. A patch has been applied to fix this bug, and the 'Begin Installation' button no longer disappears from the GUI.
- Previously, the ram attribute supported only the qxl guest driver type. Consequently, errors were shown when changing a video from qxl to other models. With this update, the guest works well and deletes the "ram" element automatically when models are changed.
- Prior to this update, using virt-manager to connect a physical CD-ROM or an ISO CD-ROM image occasionally did not work in KDE. Also, the "Choose Media" dialog box to select the image or physical device did not show up. A patch has been provided to fix this bug and the "Choose Media" dialog window now shows up when the "Connect" button is pressed.
All virt-manager users are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs.