Language and Page Formatting Options
Updated spice-gtk packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The spice-gtk packages provide a
GTK+) widget for
SPICE(Simple Protocol for Independent Computing Environments) clients. Both Virtual Machine Manager and Virtual Machine Viewer can make use of this widget to access virtual machines using the
The spice-gtk packages have been upgraded to upstream version 0.19, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version, including support tunneling through the HTTP proxy server, improved multi-monitor support, and various USB redirection fixes. (BZ#961452)
polkitutility is built against newer
GLibversions, thus it has a runtime dependency on these versions. Previously, upgrading
GLibat the same time caused applications using
polkitto terminate unexpectedly on startup. With this update, the RPM dependencies have been adjusted so that
spice-gtkRPMs require new enough versions of
GLib. As a result,
spice-gtkcannot be installed unless the
GLibversions it requires are installed as well.
- Prior to this update,
spice-gtkconnected to the server plain port by default and succeeded only if the server provided the port. However, this prevented
spice-gtkfrom connecting to a secure port by default. With this update,
spice-gtkcan connect to secure port instead of always trying plain ports first.
- Previously, if the combination of Shift+CTRL+V keys was pressed on a message window in Microsoft Outlook, the
spice-gtkclient terminated unexpectedly. To fix this bug, cache palettes of unrendered bitmaps have been applied and the client no longer crashes in the aforementioned scenario.
- When the mouse pointer was placed over a PuTTY session with Microsoft Windows guests, the mouse pointer appeared black. The cursor contrast has been improved and the cursor is now clearly visible when hovering over PuTTY sessions.
spice-gtkwas connecting to an unreachable host, a connection timeout error took about 2 minutes to occur. With this update,
spice-gtkwaits for 10 seconds only before reporting an unreachable host error.
spice-gtkdid not handle correctly an indication that software
Smartcardsupport had already been initialized. Consequently, software
Smartcardsupport stopped working after migration or restarting a guest. As a workaround, do not disable software
spice-gtkconnection time if
libcacardreports that software
Smartcardsupport is already initialized. Pursuing this workaround, software
Smartcardsupport keeps working across guest reboots or migrations.
- HTTP proxy server support is now available for
SPICEclient now establishes the connection to the remote server by the proxy server specified by the environment SPICE_PROXY=host:port variable, or by the controller.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems use different end of line sequences. With this update, a new feature has been implemented, which translates end of line sequences to the target operating system during copy and paste, if the
SPICEguest agent has support for this feature.
- Due to high latency and limited bandwidth, a video could become very poorly watchable. With this update, adaptive video streaming with adjusted bandwidth and latency has been implemented, which allows improved video experience over low speed networks.
Users of spice-gtk are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs and add these enhancements.